The health and wellbeing of our bodies is important and stretching is good for the body in many ways.
Stretching is a form of physical exercise and keeps the muscles flexible, strong and healthy, as well as helping your posture.
Below are a few examples of stretches:
Full Leg Stretch
We sit down a lot as a nation, working from home can increase how much we do, so for a full leg stretch we recommend the lunge stretch which stretches our hip flexors, quads and glutes.
- ACHILLES STRETCH
The Achilles tendon is a cord connecting the heel to the calf muscles, to give it a good stretch follow these tips…
- Face a wall and raise the arms so that the palms rest flat against the wall.
- Place one-foot back, keeping the knee straight.
- Then bend the knee of the opposite leg.
- Keeping both heels flat on the floor, push the hips forward until the achilles tendon and calf muscles can be felt stretching.
- Hold for 30 seconds before switching sides, repeat three times on each side.