Meet Alisha Rimando, Artistic Nail Designs Executive Vice President & Creative Director, Alisha is behind all of the collections Artistic release throughout the year and has a wealth expertise, read on to discover more about Alisha.
Alisha is recognised as one of the nail industry’s leading experts in training and education. In her first 2 years as an educator Alisha taught classes in over a hundred beauty schools and vo-techs across the US. As she expanded internationally her focus turned to Asia, where she dedicated 8 years training and promoting the art of nail design while assisting in the opening of over 100 nail salons and 7 schools in Japan, growing that market to become the industry leader in nail art techniques.
- Competed in over 100 nail competitions in 10 countries winning a World Championship in 2005.
- Created and conducted training seminars for nail students, nail professionals, and top nail educators in over 25 countries.
- Sought after to create and write education, artistic procedures and educator training programs for manufacturers, private labels and salon franchises.
- Featured artist in instructional nail application videos for multiple manufacturers.
- International Platform Artist for more than 1500 events for nail distributors, beauty schools, salons, and trade shows.
- Researched, developed, packaged and launched artificial nail enhancement products, nano technology skin care, polish collections and natural nail treatments for professional nail product manufacturers.
- Featured in more than 150 beauty and trade publications world-wide such as People, Teen Vogue, Bridal Guide, Self, Fitness, and Seventeen magazines, as well as industry trade magazines Nails, Nailpro, Scratch (UK) and Stylish Nail (Japan) to name a few.
- Author of Milady’s Standard Nail Technology Workbook 6th and 7th Edition and contirbuted to Milady’s
- Standard Nail Technology and Standard Cosmetology 2010-2016 textbooks. Host, artist and subject matter expert for Milady Standard Nail Technology DVD Series.
- Celebrity artist in New York and LA names such as: Jennifer Hudson, Mena Suvari, Leah Remeni, Katerina Gordeeva, Akiko Ogawa, Anabelle Dexter Jones, Erin Fetherston, Shannon James.
- Ran day to day operations of the nail division at Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa Holdings for 3 years, exceeding $15 million annually in nail services.
In her 25 years’ experience, her work has been described as “ground-breaking” as she has been a platform artist and motivational speaker for thousands of promotional and educational events and has competed in hundreds nail competitions around the globe winning the World Nail Championship in 2005. She is the featured artist in many training videos, including hosting the current Milady Standard Nail Technology DVD Series. Alisha has been featured in more than 150 beauty and trade publications and blog spots worldwide such as Teen Vogue, Bridal Guide, Self, Fitness, and Seventeen magazines, as well as numerous industry trade magazines like Nails, Nailpro, Scratch (UK) and Stylish Nail (Japan). Her career took an additional leap in 2008 when she became a published author for Cengage Learning, contributing to Milady Nail Technology and Standard Cosmetology textbooks, a consistent honour she engages with each new edition.
Through the years, Alisha has garnered the attention of large industry manufacturers, small business entrepreneurs, salon franchises, and nail and beauty associations. She has worked with R&D chemists to develop artificial nail enhancement products, nano technology skin care and cuticle treatments, polish collections and natural nail treatments. One of her innovative product lines was awarded an industry ABBIE for best packaging and many others have been recognized with readers’ choice awards for best products. Alisha also achieved certification in Reflexology, ever striving to advance a more holistic approach to natural nail products and services.
Alisha’s artistic creations have been sought after for numerous ads and campaigns where hands and feet play a pivotal role for product sales. She continues to achieve notoriety as “manicurist to the stars” and was featured with Jennifer Hudson in her video “Spotlight”. At NYC Fashion Weeks, Alisha has worked with designers Isaac Mizrahi, Diane von Furstenberg, Zac Posen, Tony Cohen, and many others creating innovative nail looks for their runway shows.
Alisha’s love and passion for her industry has her currently traveling across the globe to promote innovative products and application techniques, while she manages a team of over 100 global Nail Educators that teach professionals how to become better technicians as well as run a successful business.