Christmas can be a busy time of year, we all need our manicures and pedicures to be prepped and primed for festive drinks and nights out at a moment notice, and perhaps a little (or long) massage after a hard day’s shopping. Why not offer your clients the chance to pamper themselves AND pick up some gifts for their loved ones at the same time? Here are a few retailing tips and product suggestions to keep your salon ready for the holiday season.
- Invite A Friend. Everyone need a manicure or pedicure during party season so encourage your clients to invite their friends with a 10% off offer. When your client’s friend comes in, they get 10% off and when your client comes back they get 10% off their next treatment.
- Vouchers. Offering vouchers for your salon, or services can be a great present option for your client’s friend who has everything. Consider vouchers in £10 denominations.
- Late Nights. Consider late night evenings. The festive season is busy for everyone and offering one or two late nights a week can ensure client loyalty, late nights often occur on a Wednesday or a Thursday with appointments up until 8 or 9pm.
- Prosecco Reception. Why not invite your clients to come round for an evening of prosecco and nibbles to view new collection colours and retail options, this gives you time to get to know your clients a little better and increase your retail revenue.
- Nail Art. Christmas is a time we can all be adventurous with our nail choices, offering free Christmas nail art with manicures in December gives you the opportunity to show off your skills.
- GWP. Offer gift with purchases, spending money on yourself during Christmas can be a bit of a stretch for some customers so why not offer a GWP with a threshold spend. We recommend a free Dadi’Oil or Dadi’Lotion mini with a £30+ spend, or a pair of Terry Thong Slippers with a £45+ spend.
- Marketing Materials. Have you got your flyers, posters and social media posts ready? Posting your work on social media can boost your profile in the run up to the festive season. Make sure you’ve got your Christmas opening hours poster up!
- Suppliers. Find out your suppliers Christmas order deadlines and warehouse closures, this can help you plan your Christmas orders. You can find ours, on page 5.
- Stay Local. Work with local businesses to cross promote. Teaming up with other businesses in your area is a great way to spread the word. Why not offer a 10% off retail gifts to those working around you to help them complete their Christmas shop locally.
- Essentials. Amongst all the hustle and bustle it can be the smaller things we forget, so make sure you’re all stocked up with essentials to ensure a smooth holiday season.
Try these retail products to boost your revenue this festive season, but be quick they’re selling out!
Seche Vite Trade: £5.95 / RRP £11.95
Faux Minx Lashes Trade: £4.95 / RRP £9.95
Little Miss Nutcracker Glitter 4pk Trade: £9.95 / RRP £16.50